NW LumberMate LM29
The Norwood LumberMate® LM29’s healthy appetite for hardwood and softwood logs up to 29” (72cm) in diameter combined with its 22” (55cm) throat opening, give it the muscle to tackle most milling needs. And it’s so easy to use that even first-time sawyers get to milling like seasoned pros in no time.
Fully-customizable, the LumberMate LM29 keeps all your options open – Add available attachments at any time to meet your growing sawmilling needs, like extensions to mill longer logs, trailer system to tow your sawmill from woodlot to woodlot, log loading/rolling system, toe boards, board offloading rollers, lap siding/shingle making jigs, etc.
Your sawmilling career is just beginning. There’s a good chance your operation will grow over time. With the LumberMate LM29, your sawmill will grow with you.
With more portable sawmill patents than all the other portable sawmill companies around the world combined, Norwood is the proven global leader in sawmilling technology. The LumberMate LM29 is equipped with some of Norwood’s latest ground-breaking advancements in sawmill innovation including Norwood’s patented auto-locking sawhead and laminated sawhead technologies.
The patented Norwood sawhead friction-winch system delivers easy, effortless vertical sawhead operation. Auto-locking sawhead eliminates two time-consuming operations at every cut – the LumberMate LM29 looks after locking and unlocking the sawhead for every board you mill. That saves hours of wasted time and increases your production.
With the Smooth Sawhead Feed, you can guide the sawhead through the cut with finger-tip pressure. This allows you to judge the best speed for smooth cuts through knots and denser core wood. No arm-numbing cranking. The Comfort-Height Operator’s Station, standard on the LumberMate LM29, gives you the convenience and comfort of the ergonomic tilt operator’s station (because you’re going to want to be spending a lot of time at your mill)! The built-in sawdust exhaust is located on the far side of mill away from you – not at your feet and in your shoes like other sawmills.
The standard blade lube system keeps the saw blade pitch-free in softwoods, by delivering water directly to the blade at the point of entry into the cut. Large custom-molded water bottle with a wide-mouth filling port for easy refilling. An optional auto-lube system to automatically turn the flow of water on and off also available.
Like all forestry equipment bearing the Norwood name, the LumberMate is protected by industrial-grade powder-coat – electrostatically-applied, thermoset polymer cured under heat to create a hard finish which is much tougher than the old-fashioned spray paint used by other companies which is more prone to premature rust, chips and scratches.
Quality-built in the U.S.A. and Canada by highly-trained, highly-skilled operators with leading-edge fabrication and machining technologies, the LumberMate LM29, like all Norwood portable sawmills, is built rugged to accurately cut hundreds of thousands of board-feet of valuable lumber day-in and day-out.
- 13hp (389cc) Honda GX OHV recoil-start gas engine (Item No. LM29-0013G)
- 13.5hp (420cc) Briggs & Stratton electric-start engine (Item No. LM29-0013G-E)
- 14hp (429cc) Kohler OHV recoil-start gas engine (Item No. LM29-0014G)
- 16hp (479cc) Briggs & Stratton V-Twin OHV electric-start engine (Item No. LM29-0016G)
Comfort-Height™ Operator’s Station
Standard on the LumberMate LM29, the convenience and comfort of the ergonomic tilt operator’s station.
Patented Auto-Locking Sawhead
- Patented Norwood sawhead friction-winch system delivers easy, effortless vertical sawhead operation. Auto-sawhead locking eliminates two time-consuming operations.
Smooth Sawhead Feed
- Guide the sawhead through the cut with finger-tip pressure – allows you to judge the best speed for smooth cuts through knots and denser core wood.
Blade Lube System
- Keeps blade pitch-free in softwoods. Delivers water directly to the blade at the point of entry into the cut. Large custom-molded water bottle with wide-mouth filling port for easy refilling.
- Precision-machined, hardened and zinc-dichromate-plated 1¼” blade-guide rollers fitted with sealed double ball-bearings. One adjustable and one fixed.
- Sawdust exhausts on far side of mill away from you – not at your feet and in your shoes like other mills.
Like all equipment bearing the Norwood name, the LumberMate is protected by industrial-grade powder-coat – electrostatically applied thermoset polymer cured under heat
Smooth-Action Carriage Wheels
Large CNC-machined upper carriage wheels fitted with sealed double bearings key to smooth, effortless rolling action. Rubber under-track wheels for extra security and stability.
- Rigid 4-post carriage frame and patented laminated sawhead construction deliver superior strength and torsional stability.
- Screw-crank log-dog and opposing dual vertical-adjust log-rests hold firm logs in the round, cants, and boards as low as 1” (2.5cm) from the bed. Micro-precision log-rest adjusting bolts guarantee perfectly true 90-degree cuts.
|Log Diameter: 29″ (72 cm)|
|Board Width: 22″ (55 cm)|
|Log Length: 12′ 9″ (3.8 m)|
|13hp (389cc) Honda GX OHV recoil-start gas engine|
|13.5hp (420cc) Briggs & Stratton electric-start engine|
|14hp (429cc) Kohler OHV recoil-start gas engine|
|16hp (479cc) Briggs & Stratton V-Twin OHV electric-start engine|
|STANDARD FEATURES & ATTACHMENTS|
|Manual Blade Lube System|
|Roller Blade Guides w/Twin-Sealed Bearings|
|Comfort-Height™ Adjustable Operator Station|
|Bed Length: 16’ (4.8 m)|
|Width: 5’11” (1.8 m)|
|Blade Length: 144”|
|Bandwheels: 19” x 5/8” (47.5 x 1.5 cm)|
|Drive: Centrifugal clutch|
|Set Display: 2”, 1”, ¾”, 9/8”, 6/4” standard scale|
|OPTIONAL MANUAL FUNCTIONS & ATTACHMENTS|
|Auto Blade-Lube System|
|Dura-Guide™ Ceramic Blade Guides|
|Bed Extensions – 4′ (1.2m) Permanent|
|Trailer & Support Jack Package|
|Log Loader/Roller & Ramps System|
|Rapid-Dogging & Roller System|
U.S. Patent No. 7,784,387, 8,215,216, 8,276,493 & D638,040; Canada Patent Nos. 2,488,216, 133049, 2,687,619 & 2,687,622; EU Patent Nos. 001214662-0001 & , EP 2,332,704; Brazil Patent No. DI 7001876-6; Other patents pending in multiple jurisdictions.